Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Paradise Found?

I've never read Milton or Walden Pond by ??? or seen On Golden Pond, but I've found a little piece of Heaven on Earth.

Earlier today I realized a life-long wish.  I drove through northern Michigan in October.  Now, some may think that driving is no big deal.  But until you see a view over thirty miles into the distance with colors of red, green, orange, and yellow like I saw at mile marker 130 on northbound US 131, you cannot imagine the beauty of God's creation.

I've seen beauty before.  In the births of my children.  The glowing faces of two lovely brides.  The smiling and laughing faces of my son's.  And, of course my wife's face when presented with jewelry.  Nature's beauty is different.  The awe inspiring feeling driving through a forest ablaze in orange so vivid you forget the day is overcast and raining.  

I thought of writing this post as I sat on the porch of a condo in Thompsonville, Michigan.  I realized why Cathy likes writing on her blog.  You get to pour your heart out for all to see.  More importantly, though, you offer a glimple of God through your eyes to whoever may be reading.

I sat there gazing at the red and orange leaves still on the trees outside.  I felt the chill in the air as a soft breeze wafted leaves to the ground.  Technically this area is past peak judging by the number on leaves on the ground, but my, my, my, this is what my Heaven will be like.  Beyond the trees is a small pond with still waters.  Then a manacured lawn with the tee area of one of the golf course holes.  Then, more trees.  "I think that I shall never see..."  Whatever.  Wow, now I know where inspiration comes from.  

THIS is my Heaven.

THIS is where I will hold her again.


1 comment:

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

How beautiful. I hope I will be there with you!

I love you!